Printer Friendly Version
April 21, 2014
10 am to 4 pm
FREE - No registration required!
|Penitentiary Glen Reservation
8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd
Kirtland, OH 44094
Discover nature and have fun with it…naturally!
School’s out for Spring Break. Looking for a fun family experience? Stop by the Nature Center anytime between 10 am and 4 pm. Visit the Nature Center for scavenger hunts, seasonal craft, outdoor x-plorer packs, hiking, hands on exhibits, the Wildlife Center, live animals and much more. Naturalists are on-hand to answer all of your nature related questions and to help guide you through the day. Visit the Nature Store; refreshments are available.
This event is free and all ages are welcome. No registration is required.
Nature Center and Wildlife Center hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Free hands-on activities
- Signs of spring scavenger hunt
- Tell-a-tale tattoos (facepainting)
- Simple to complete nature craft
- X-Plorer packs filled with hands-on seasonal activities
- Animal Encounters from the Wildlife Center
- Star Lab
- Kite flying
- And much more!
- Discover the sights and sounds of wildlife at the interactive Nature Calls exhibit.
- Watch and listen to birds and other wildlife through the Window on Wildlife.
- Enjoy the beauty of the Spring Art Show, the Alchemy of Art in Forest Hall.
- Visit the Kevin P. Clinton Wildlife Center, where injured or orphaned native Ohio wildlife including hawks, owls and a bald eagle are housed for rehabilitation and care. See our wildlife ambassadors in the Wildlife Center Yard.
- Take a hike on more than 8.5 miles of trails
- Browse our selection of unique gift items in The Nature Store including “fun” nature-related toys, educational items and rocks & minerals, books and field guides for adults and children, nature-inspired t-shirts, binoculars by VORTEX, and bird feeders and wildlife houses.
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.
Discount Drug Mart