Printer Friendly Version
Play along on the magical indoor winter wonderland at Penitentiary Glen Reservation. Get in the action of The Wild Days of Winter on a life-sized game board. Take a turn and move along from space to space, and discover through interactive play the many things that nature gives to us in winter.
Reminisce with your family and friends about your favorite childhood board games through an exhibit of classic games from the ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s.
Activity pages, a craft and scavenger hunts are fun for the whole family.
Relax in Snowshoe Lodge with a hot beverage. Snowshoe rentals weather permitting.
Visit the Nature Store for all your holiday shopping needs.
Join us on Saturday afternoons from 1 to 3 pm for special, free activities.
November 22 -- Wildlife Day!
November 29 -- Campfire and S'mores
December 6 -- Trains
December 13 -- Face Painting
December 20 -- Wildlife Day!
December 27 -- “Win"ter Prize Day
January 3 -- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Day
Continue your adventure with hands-on activities both indoors and out.
- Challenge your family to embark on a scavenger hunt that explores nature in winter.
- Visit the Wildlife Center to learn about and meet native Ohio wildlife.
- Make this year’s holiday gift a wild one! The “Adopt an Animal” program provides a unique, thoughtful gift idea that helps to cover the cost of care!
- Discover the sights and sounds of wildlife as you check out the Nature Calls interactive computer kiosk while enjoying the wildlife at the many bird feeders in Penitentiary Glen Nature Center’s award winning Window on Wildlife.
- Enjoy the many other interactive exhibits and displays including the more than seven miles of hiking trails open year round at Penitentiary Glen Reservation.
- Go for an adventurous walk on the Peppermint Trail on snowshoes; rentals available for adults ($3/hr or $12/day) and children ($1.50/hr or $6/day), as weather permits.
Admission is FREE for all ages.
8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd
Kirtland, OH 44094
Take I-90 to Rt. 306 south for about one mile. Turn left onto Rt. 615. Turn right (east) onto Kirtland-Chardon Road and continue for two miles. Penitentiary Glen Reservation is located on the right (south) side of the road.